When to refer a student
- Your student remains distressed following repeated attempts by you to be helpful
- Your student becomes increasingly isolated, unkempt, irritable, or disconnected
- Your student’s academic or social performance deteriorates
- Your student’s behavior reflects an increase in hopelessness or helplessness
- Your student has become unresponsive and is not attending class
- You have a concern and you are not sure how to approach or support your student
- You find yourself doing ongoing counseling rather than consolation or advising
How to refer a student*
*Please be sure to include as many details as possible so that we may best support the student.
This might include: student name, ID number, contact information, relevant documentation, or other specifics regarding your concerns.